GEDCOM FILES Why? Where? and How?

A member of my class asked me for some help with GEDCOMs so I decided to dust off my PowerPoint on the topic and update it a bit.

Here is the PowerPoint:

GEDCOM FILES Why? Where? and How?

The PowerPoint explains what a GEDCOM is and why you need one.

If an individual doesn't have a tree anywhere but in FamilySearch, I have included a step-by-step guide to downloading a tree from FamilySearch using Ancestral Quest, Legacy, and RootsMagic.

Next, there is a step-by-step guide on how to upload a newly made GEDCOM into Ancestry, Find My Past, and My Heritage.

Enjoy lots of new fun in genealogy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 Handcart Utah Pioneer Companies

Quick, Simple, Fun, and Yet Instructive Family History Ideas

MAY Family History Goal