FUN Family History Activities for Young and Old

During the quarantine, I have been doing family history activities with my grandchildren. We started with indexing. I was surprised at how much they enjoyed it because I do it out of duty.

I decided to refine some activities I had used in the past for them to play with and engage in a fun way with family history. These activities are designed to be a bridge to help them discover and also learn key concepts while having fun. I have been impressed with their abilities to maneuver the FamilySearch website and their interest in what they learn along the way.

                                       Family History CANDY SHOP FUN

The seven-year-old who is not pictured above was not able to participate and was very bummed. He was so excited to finally turn eight that he made me come over on his birthday and sign him up for FamilySearch. Unfortunately, we learned that you have to be 8 years and ONE day old to register. Now he is happily participating also. He indexed two full batches that day and for some reason loved it! Maybe it was because he had grandma's undivided attention or maybe the spirit of Elijah. Who knows?

                                               FAMOUS PEOPLE FUN   

Working with my grandchildren on these games and activities has given me my own bridge back to family history. After my husband's death two and a half months ago I wasn't able to do family history. My brain just wouldn't go there. I am slowly working my way back in now. My brain does children and FUN!

                                           Find A Grave INVENTOR FUN
                                        FamilySearch SCAVENGER HUNT

Click on the PINK LINKS and have some fun. Share and play with your family!

NOTE: Because I am now a family of one my daughter has thankfully included me in her family for the pandemic. We are both being very careful with outside contact. I am not old enough to be in a compromised age category yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 Handcart Utah Pioneer Companies

Quick, Simple, Fun, and Yet Instructive Family History Ideas

MAY Family History Goal